As a child, I really hated reading and writing, which is perhaps why the diagnosis of dyslexia whilst I was at university wasn’t a surprise. However, what is the greatest surprise of all is the ferocity with which I love reading and writing now. Particularly if it's to do with the body, the mind, the wonder of what it is to be human.
I have a small problem with buying books faster than I can read them, which is why a few years ago I instigated the BMT ‘Lending Library’.
In addition to books on things like fibromyalgia, hyper mobility syndrome, different forms of bodywork, and some pop-psychology, a few recent additions which may or may not be of interest to you include:
- The Art of Possibility: Transforming Professional and Personal Life
- The China Study Expanded
- Chronic Pain: Your Key To Recovery
- Complex PTSD: From Surviving to Thriving
- The Divided Mind
- The Educated Heart
- The Epigenetics Revolution: How Modern Biology is Rewriting Our Understanding of Genetics, Disease and Inheritance
- Expecting Better
- Movement Matters: Essays on Movement Science, Movement Ecology, and the Nature of Movement
- The Placebo Effect in Manual Therapy
- Stillness: Biodynamic Cranial Practice and the Evolution of Consciousness
- Table Lessons - Insights to the Practice of Massage Therapy
- The Therapeutic Pause in Osteopathy and Manual Therapy
These books include a not unsubstantial stack which I have had at home waiting to read ... but I've realised that they would do more good being available to borrow now. I'll get to them in time!
We do still have a couple of outstanding loans ... so if you have had one of our books for a while, please could you return it at your earliest convenience. Many thanks!