Please note: The deadline for this position has passed, and applications will no longer be accepted
Fancy a new adventure in 2017? Would you be interested in becoming part of a community of self-employed practitioners with a passion for massage, who work to encourage clients to engage with their bodies, whilst supporting and sharing best practice with each other? Then you’re in luck because we have room for a new practitioner to join us.
I am incredibly proud of Bristol Massage Therapy and what it has become today. Since inviting other exceptional massage therapists to join the team in 2015, there has been lots of work to ensure that the community of practitioners are free to focus on providing excellent massage to their clients.
The ethos behind BMT is to provide the team with the clients, so that there is no need to worry about practice management, enabling you to concentrate on doing what you love to do - massage.
BMT provides you with the benefits of being self-employed (flexible scheduling, good hourly rate of income etc ...) along with an in-house support network of like-minded practitioners in a beautiful space, but crucially, without the hassle of also building and running a successful massage therapy practice which so often cause excellent practitioners to stop practising.
What are we after?
Ideally, we are looking for someone who has:
- Completed a massage qualification, preferably MTI Holistic Massage Diploma
- Holds adequate and up to date insurance and first aid qualifications
- Has completed or wants to undertake a further qualification in pregnancy massage soon
- Has been qualified for at least 6 months
- Has undertaken a 3 month placement within the BCMB Graduate clinic or worked as a massage therapist in professional practice
- Is in on-going professional supervision (or is willing to enter supervision once part of the BMT team)
- Can offer a minimum of 10 client hours per week, including a regular Saturday offering (once per month minimum)
Whilst this is a list of the desirable skills or attributes we are looking for in our soon to be team member, what's most important is that the person is the right fit for both the BMT team and our clients so, please don’t be put off if you find that you can’t tick all the boxes.
Then please drop me an email with a copy of your CV and a covering letter or email indicating:
- Why you would like to join Bristol Massage Therapy
- What qualities you would bring to the team and our clients
- Information about how you meet our wish list
The closing date for applications is Friday 13th January 2017. I'll contact all those candidates whom I'd like to invite to interview by close of business on Tuesday 17th January 2017, with interviews likely to be arranged for Wednesday 1st February 2017 (this isn't set in stone yet!).
I very much look forward to hearing from any and all interested practitioners.