Meet Verity Mitchell
My first experience of massage was at 16 years old, at an Indian Head Massage workshop. What I loved most of all was feeling the whole room sink into deep relaxation when we practiced the techniques on each other. This experience eventually led to me taking professional qualifications in Indian Head Massage and Reiki levels 1 and 2, which sparked a love of energy work, and later the BCMB Holistic Massage course.
With a client, I tend to tune into the meeting points between energetic, physical and emotional states. Each massage is different - it is all about listening to what the individual in front of me needs in that moment, and working from there. Some of the techniques I use to compliment massage during sessions are breathwork, energy work and guided meditation.
I have a fascination with the mind-body connection and the way that physical, emotional and energetic unwinding are all linked. When working on the physical body for instance, people often notice a difference in their emotional state, and vice versa. To me, physical touch is an essential part of a happy life - bringing support, relaxation, grounding and connection.
- Holistic Massage Diploma - Massage Training Institute (MTI) Level 4 Diploma through Bristol College of Massage & Bodywork (BCMB)
- Indian Head Massage - Institute of Indian Head Massage, Bristol School of Holistic Therapies
- Reiki Levels 1 & 2 - UK Reiki Federation
- Spiritual Life Coaching Foundation, Level 1 and 2 - Openhand
CONTINUED PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
- Lomi Lomi Massage - advanced workshop with BCMB